Ministry of Economy and Finance
Program Management Office
Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program (Rice-SDP)
ADB Loan 3007/ Grant 0349
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
ESTABLISHMENT OF PADDY DRYING AND STORAGE FACILITIES
- The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and grants from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) and the Strategic Climate Fund (SCF) to implement the Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program (Rice-SDP). It is intended that a part of the proceeds of this loan/grant will be utilized for the feasibility study, detailed design and construction of paddy drying and storage facilities located in major rice production areas of the country namely the three provinces of Battambang, Kampong Thom and Prey Veng.
- The Ministry of Economics and Finance (MEF) is the Executing Agency for the Rice-SDP and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF) is one of the Implementing Agencies. MAFF will be responsible for providing support and guidance in each province to implement the sub-projects for the establishment of paddy drying and storage facilities designed under the Rice-SDP.
- The paddy drying and storage facilities are to be established through various forms of PPP agreement with selected rice millers in the three target provinces. The rice millers will be selected on the basis of the following seven criteria:
- Experience in the rice milling sector (preferably more than 5 years) with evidence of successful operation of rice processing and activities
- Land for construction
- Evidence of company registration documents, trading and export licenses;
- Audited accounts for the past three years;
- Good credit rating and evidence of access to sufficient finance to provide for purchase of wet paddy for processing including bank statements and bank guarantee;
- Existence of modern management practices in terms of technical knowledge and financial management using double entry book-keeping methods;
- Agreement to provide regular financial reports under the PPP agreement.
- Interested rice millers that can satisfy these criteria are invited to submit an EoI with an outline proposal for assessment by the joint selection committee that has been established by MEF and MAFF to screen the applications. Eligible rice millers will be selected to participate in more detailed feasibility studies and consideration for entry into the PPP agreements for the paddy drying and storage facilities.
- A copy of the Concept Paper describing the implementation of the paddy drying and storage facilities together with the required format for the EoI submission can be obtained by interested rice millers on the submission of a written application to the address given below or can be downloaded from www.ricesdp.org
- Sealed EoIs together with all supporting documents must be delivered to the address given below on or before 3.00 pm on 15 January 2020.
Ministry of Economy and Finance, Program Management Office, Rice SDP
Supreme National Economic Council, #208A, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Khan Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh.
Further information, please contact,
Khan Marika, PMO’s assistant, Tel: 061 222387/098 263333, Email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted Rice Miller will be contacted for further evaluation and negotiation.